Happiness

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Exams, Dabangg and home sweet home..!

This whole curriculum of Term 1 was amazing. There were seven courses in all with three full and four half courses. After so many varied courses in so less time, I now wonder what have I really learned. Apart from a few accounting concepts and Micro economics, I am not very sure that I am going to remember the other things so well. Economics was the most interesting to me, especially Game theory. It was so amazing that I am now seriously considering Strategy management along with Marketing.

The last week in term 1 was less hectic than expected. Luckily, the deadlines of the projects were spread along the week from Sunday to Wednesday. Now that we all know each other well, the projects were less hectic this time. Luckily, I was done with all the projects early and exams were fast approaching.

Somehow, these exams again reminded me of my B Tech exams as I was opening the book for the first time for most of the subjects. I tried very hard this time to change my habit of sleeping early, but with a lot of difficulty I learned to study till 1. Time moved at snail’s pace during exams with most of us having started counting down a couple of weeks back! The day before the last exam was the longest and the exam being an open book exam made it even more difficult to study. I wanted to remember at least the chapter names so that it would become easier to search. A fiend of me gave me an even more brilliant idea to look at which part of the book others are going through if you get lost. The final exam was less painful as all I wanted was the exam to finish. The joy on everyone’s face after the exam was an amazing scene. After three months of nonstop activity, it was time to enjoy! It looked like the last annual exam and the start of summer vacation.

After a lot of planning, we visited the Imambara in the evening. The climate had added its part to the beauty of the day. Then was the time for Dabangg! The movie was an absolute cracker from scene one. It was a complete high drama telugu movie, with scenes, fights, songs and even the romance seemed to be a spoof. But it didn’t matter as all we wanted was enjoyment and dabangg had lots of it. Sukanya Venkatgarhavan of Filmfare rated it 3/5 stating, "Dabangg rides totally on Salman Khan's magic. Had director Abhinav Kashyap cast a less popular actor, it’s doubtful the film would have the chutzpah that Khan has lent to it". Salman was a treat to watch, his dance and fights attracted many whistles in the hall, after long time in a Bollywood movie. Sonakshi was beautiful in some different way but portrayed the role superbly. There wasn’t a moment to relax as the movie never seemed to be boring. There was sentiment, music, action, romance and an excellent screenplay of all of these together. My thumbs up to the director, Abhinav Kashyap, and all the best for his future projects.

The next day started with a lazy morning. I went for a photo shoot of the campus along with a friend. The freedom was amazingly enjoyable. Our flight to Hyderabad was at 2.45PM. The journey was pleasant as there were around 12 of us travelling together. After 4 hours, we were in RGIA Hyderabad. Hyderabad, as always, was so lively and vibrant and truly enjoyable. I had a nice truly hyderabadi dinner with my friends as my bus to Guntur was at 11PM. The stay in Guntur was what everyone dreams of. I had a nice time sleeping and eating, as my mother prepared a special for me almost every day. One week was too short and I never felt so bad to leave home. The time table, with a few additional subjects for this term, was sent in the holidays, adding to it were the summer placements, and they all made my feelings of not going back even stronger. But as everyone did, my journey back has started. I reached Hyderabad a day before to meet all my friends. I went to JNTU H, fifth time after I left college. Our flight back was on the next day, which was a pleasant journey too with around 35 of us travelling together.

Life is normal again. Classes, Projects, Assignments… 13 weeks to go, for 2nd term vacation!!


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment